Apparently the club was initiated in the 1930’s, but unfortunately we have no written papers for that period.
We hold minutes from 1976 when there was one bitumen court.
With volunteers from our members, assistance with grants from Council and Government, our old court was upgraded. First to a flexi-pave surface, a few years later another upgrade to synthetic grass.
Cessnock Council purchased the adjoining land which enabled two new courts with excellent lighting to be constructed to a first-class standard. Over the years volunteer members have built the present clubhouse with its lovely wide verandahs.
It is a great place to entertain!.